Friday, August 3, 2012

Plans change

We've seen an abundance of doctors in the past few weeks.  Ruth was scheduled for back surgery 2 weeks ago.  On the last visit of the second day, the doctor came in and sat knee to knee with Ruth.  We wondered what he was going to say...probably something like..."You'll do great!  You're all set!"  Instead, he informed us that they had called it off due to some things that had shown up on her chest x-ray that morning.  So, she had a CAT scan last week, a PET scan yesterday along with a few other tests, and a DOG scan is scheduled for next week.  oh.  Maybe not that last one.  Now we hope that all of her tests come out clear so we can proceed.  She's been dealing with her back and now this since April.  Sure feel for her. The friends are very understanding of it all, of which we really appreciate.  Needless to say, it was rather difficult  to cut off the hospital bands of an 84 year old who had readied her mind & self for a few days in the hospital.  Anyway, hopefully we can try again soon.

Now, to wander around. 
  • Jane Arnold is with us right now.  It's nice to have her around!  We've been staying the past while at a widow ladie's home in St Pete, so it's we four ladies under the roof:)
  • I accidently ran over a little stick the other day on I-4.  It flew up and hit the gas flap of the car behind me, causing it to fly open!  wups. They weren't too impressed.  Provided some entertainment, anyway.
  • My preferred place to run is the beach.  One: because it's cooler with the faithful breeze.  Two: because if you have a heat stroke, you can jump in and dive deep.  (Shallow water is 90 deg, deep water is not)  Three, because it's beautiful.  Four: because of the absence of stoplights, traffic, loose dogs.       The other day, I was running along when I noticed a Cormorant (diving bird) swimming right beside me!  He was a faithful companion for about 20 minutes and I overheard various beach-goers commenting on "that girl's pet bird!"  I felt honored!
  • Holy Smokes Barbeque is very good.  The name is what caused us to try it out.
  • It is believed that the moral in FL goes down in the summer and up in the winter.  It is actually quite noticable in first days of cooler air (usually mid Oct); people seem more patient and understanding.  I'm being reminded of this belief as we drive around and get honked at all summer long!  Turning left at a green light?  No way.  Stay put when you're in the right lane because you're going to go straight, not right?  No way.  HONKHONKHONKHONK. 
  • Are unemployment sales a thing all over the USA or just down here?  They tend to be effective.  Same style as a garage sale.
  • I saw Peacock babies for the first time the other day!  Peacocks are to FL what turkeys are to WI.  The head tuft makes me smile:)

No comments:

Post a Comment